Cory Rosenbaum, Esq.
Cory Rosenbaum, Esq. has represented victims of medical malpractice since he began practicing law 20 years ago. In prior cases involving stroke victims, Mr. Rosenbaum successfully handled issues including a vast array of stroke law cases, using media and video to win a case, and working with stroke experts in the legal, medical and finance industries, plus many more.
Achievements in Stroke Law
- Presenting the lack of the existence of a medical protocol for a victim that arrived at the hospital past the clot buster time
- Representing the adult daughter of a stroke victim who’s claim consisted of the loss of her mom’s guidance and emotional support
- Representing victims of a stroke case in which doctors that failed to identify symptoms of an impending stroke
- Stopping a hospital from using a victim’s past medical history against him
- Suing a DO (“Doctor of Osteopathy”) who was not a MD (“Medical Doctor”)
- Identifying, locating and interviewing other victims of same doctor that caused our client’s death
- Having an administrator appointed where the stroke victims died as a result of medical malpractice
- Dealing with the possibility that a Chiropractor may have caused a patient to suffer a stroke
- Handling a case where the stroke victim was brain dead after her stroke
- Handling stroke law cases that have been handled by other lawyers before me
Past Work with Stroke Experts
- Working with expert psychologists to learn and present the issues that stroke survivors face in their lives
- Working with lawyers who represent doctors and hospitals to settle stroke cases
- Working with staff from the Rusk Institute about rehab provided to a stroke victim
- Working with ambulance technicians to help establish the time lost by the health care providers and their violation of the mantra: Time is Brain
- Working with pediatric neurologists to prepare for trial
- Working with economists to prepare for trial
- Working with judges that were unfamiliar with stroke cases
Innovative Use of Media in Court
- Videotaping depositions of doctors to catch their flippant gestures on video to show the jury
- Using pictures and home videos to show what a stroke victim was like before the medical malpractice
- Use of electronic exhibits
Client Support and Advocacy
- Representing an infant and victims in very conservative, secluded regions
- Traveling to other states to meet with and help victims of stroke
- Working with the special needs of stroke victims (current and future needs)
- Helping many clients who were wheelchair bound and otherwise disabled get to and from court
- Assisting clients with post-stroke support and encouraging them to invest in a healthy recovery after a stroke
After attending Fordham Law and Golden Gate University School of Law, Mr. Rosenbaum’s legal career has taken him throughout New York City, New York State, and around the entire United States. He has represented victims from many states around the country and have delivered lectures to other lawyers in New York, Chicago and Maryland.
Mr. Rosenbaum is on the Executive Board of many trial lawyers’ organizations at both the state and national level. He is a founding member of the Stroke Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice.
In addition to his successful legal career, Mr. Rosenbaum is the proud father of four children in a blended family. In addition to being a dad, husband and lawyer, he serves on his local PTA and school district’s curriculum committee. He volunteers as often time allows at his kids’ schools and assists in coaching his daughter’s swim team.